Gold and sterling silver jewelry and natural stones need to be handled with care.
Almost all kinds of gemstones can break or crack if dropped on a hard surface.
Many of my designs are delicate, please remember to use them with awareness and gentleness, to avoid tearing, damage or loss.
Excessive heat and sudden temperature changes may also fracture some gems.
Exposure to chemicals can damage or discolor precious metals – gold, silver and platinum – and may harm some colored gems. Even everyday substances like hairspray, lotion, perfume or other cosmetics can contain chemicals that will permanently damage the surface of your gems.
It is recommended that jewelry will be removed before diving into a chlorinated swimming pool or before using cleaning materials.
Many of these cleaners contain ammonia, which can damage delicate gems.
Chlorine bleach can also damage gold metals.
Please remember to consult a professional before cleaning your jewelry.
Gems can be cleaned with warm water, mild dish soap (with no detergents) and a soft brush.
A pulsed-water dental cleaning appliance and a soft, lint-free cloth can also be used.
Be sure to rinse your jewelry in a glass of water to remove cleaning solutions since you risk losing loose stones – or even an entire piece of jewelry - if you rinse directly in the sink.